Monday, June 9, 2008

One Another

Love one another. (1 Peter 1:22)

Encourage one another. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

Bear one another's burdens. (Galatians 6:2)

Be devoted to one another. (Romans 12:10a)

Honor one another. (Romans 12:10b)

Be kind and compassionate to one another. (Ephesians 4:32)

Forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. (Colossians 3:13)

Live in harmony with one another. (1 Peter 3:8)

If we're not careful, we might get the idea that the primary mission of Jesus was to create loving relationships; to teach his followers the value of "one another." Well... Actually, that is exactly what Christ intended:

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus..." (Philippians 2:3-5)

I have often wondered if I am serving God according to His will. Now I think I can know the answer: Am I serving others? Looking to their interests as well as my own? Considering them better than myself?

Do I value "one another"?

No comments: